The Live Oak annual rummage sale takes place every May typically on a weekend (2 days in length).
- Thurs – Set-up from 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Fri – Set-up 9am-3pm. Open from 3pm-5pm to LOCS’ Families and Staff only.
- Sat – Open to public from 8am-2pm
- Sun – Open to public from 8am-12 pm. Clean-up will follow.
- The Rummage Sale will take place on the North End of the Upper Campus Playground.
- The storage container for donated items will arrive at school on the Wednesday before the sale. It will be at the upper campus between the playground and street.
- Items should be clean and in good repair. If in doubt, ask yourself, “Would I pay money for this?”
- Please place items in cardboard boxes that CLOSE when at all possible, in order to maximize space in the trailer. We need to stack from floor to ceiling.
- Sort and label your items the best that you can. This saves our volunteers loads of time!
- Categories include (but not limited to): toys and games, sporting goods, linens, holiday items, craft items, housewares, baby items, shoes, books, and clothing.
- If you can sort clothing by girls, boys, baby, men’s and women’s that helps even more.
- Large items make us the most money. If you have large items but can’t get them to school, please email or call Gayla Overmeer for a truck to help you.
Contact Gayla Overmeer: firstname.lastname@example.org (707)695-6189 OR
Dori King: email@example.com (707)795-4672
Items accepted for the rummage sale need to be clean and in good condition.
- Baby Gear
- Sporting Goods
- Seasonal Items
- Craft Supplies
- Lawn and Garden Items
The Rummage sale is a fun event and typically raises about $3,500 for Live Oak thanks to the concerted effort of many hands.Thank you to everyone who donates items, picks up items, bakes goodies, helps set up, and helps with running the sale! Cleaning up is a big job and is a lovely example of many hands making light work. You’re welcome to come back at the end and roll up your sleeves for a few minutes or an hour — helpers make us so thankful for our wonderful Live Oak community!